Sunday, September 4, 2016

Ian Gibb - RIP



IAN GIBB

RIP

It is with great sadness that I share the news that my friend and colleague Ian Gibb passed away peacefully in his sleep on the 24th August.
Ian started his career in Chester Zoo in the early 60's before moving over to work for the Associated Pleasure Parks group. APP changed hands a couple of times but Ian stayed on as Curator before moving on to Ravensden Zoo. He travelled extensively with Ravensden and many zoo people will be familiar with his work. On retirement he used his expertise in moving animals to work on behalf of numerous zoos.
I first met Ian in the late 60's. In around 1970 we went on a tour of European Zoos together and had remained friends ever since. 
I extend my sincere condolences to his family and his many friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment